OpenStack has been a vast success and continues to grow. Additional ecosystem partners are enhancing support for OpenStack and it has become more and more vital that the communities developing services around OpenStack lead and influence the products movement.
The OpenStack User Committee helps increase operator involvement, collects feedback from the community, works with user groups around the globe, and parses through user survey data, to name a few. Users are critical, and the User Committee aims to represent the user. With all the growth we are seeing with OpenStack, we are looking to expand the User Committee and have kicked off an election.
We are looking to elect two (2) User Committee members for this election. These User Committee seats will be valid for a one-year term. For this election, the Active User Contributors (AUC) community will review the candidates and vote.
So what makes an awesome candidate for the User Committee?
Well, to start, the nominee has to be an individual member of the OpenStack Foundation who is an Active User Contributor (AUC). Additionally, below are a few things that will make you stand out:
· If you are an OpenStack end-user and/or operator
· An OpenStack contributor from the User Committee working groups
· Actively engaged in the OpenStack community
· Organizer of an OpenStack local User Group meetup
Beyond the kinds of community activities you are already engaged in, the User Committee role adds some additional work. The User Committee usually interacts on e-mail to discuss any pending topics. Prior to each Summit, we spend a few hours going through the User Survey results and analyzing the data.
The email should include a description of the candidate and what the candidate hopes to accomplish.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
- Demystifying Confidential Containers with a Live Kata Containers Demo - July 13, 2023
- OpenInfra Summit Vancouver Recap: 50 things You Need to Know - June 16, 2023
- Congratulations to the 2023 Superuser Awards Winner: Bloomberg - June 13, 2023