OpenStack has been a vast success and continues to grow. Additional ecosystem partners are enhancing support for OpenStack and it has become more and more vital that the communities developing services around OpenStack lead and influence the products movement.
The OpenStack User Committee helps increase operator involvement, collects feedback from the community, works with user groups around the globe and parses through user survey data, to name a few key tasks. Users are critical and the User Committee aims to represent them. There are two UC seats available for this election; seats are valid for one-year term. It’s also worth keeping in mind that self-nomination is common and no third-party nomination is required.
Nominees must be individual members of the OpenStack Foundation who are also an Active User Contributor (AUC). There are a few things that will make your candidacy stand out:
- An OpenStack end-user and/or operator
- An OpenStack contributor from the User Committee working groups
- Actively engaged in the OpenStack community
- An organizer of an OpenStack local User Group meetup or event
Beyond the kinds of community activities you’re already engaged in, the User Committee role does add some additional work. The User Committee usually interacts on email to discuss any pending topics.
Other anticipated time requirements include:
- Two meetings per month
- Attending two OpenStack Summits per year, including Board Meetings (eligible for travel support if company will not sponsor)
- Participating in ad hoc calls with OpenStack users to gather feedback and provide guidance
- Responding to emails, reading user survey report
- Working with User Committee election officials to hold elections twice a year
You can nominate yourself or someone else by sending an email to the [email protected] mailing-list with the subject: “UC Candidacy” by August 17, 05:59 UTC. The email should include a description of the candidate and what the candidate hopes to accomplish. More information can be found here.
Voting for the User Committee (UC) members opens on August 20 and remains open until August 24, 11:59 UTC.
We look forward to your applications!
- Congratulations to the 2022 Superuser Awards Winners: OVHcloud, Ant Group - June 7, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominee: Inspur - May 4, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominee: Ant Group - May 3, 2022