The User Committee Elections are around the corner. OpenStack has been a great success and is continuing to cultivate. Additional ecosystem partners are enhancing support for OpenStack and it has become more and more important that the communities developing services around OpenStack lead and influence the software’s movement.
The OpenStack User Committee helps increase operator involvement, collects feedback from the community, works with user groups around the world, and parses through user survey data, to name a few. Users are critical, and the User Committee aims to represent the users.
They are looking to elect three (3) User Committee members for this election. These User Committee seats will be valid for a one-year term. For this election, the Active User Contributors (AUC) community will review the candidates and vote.
What makes a remarkable candidate for the User Committee?
Well, to start, the nominee has to be an individual member of the foundation who is an Active User Contributor (AUC). Additionally, below are a few things that will make you stand out:
- An OpenStack end-user and/or operator
- Organizer of an OpenStack local user meetup group
- An OpenStack contributor among the UC working groups
- Actively engaged in the OpenStack community
- Able to attend or be remotely engaged in the OpenStack Summits
Beyond the kinds of community activities you are already engaged in, the User Committee role adds some additional work. The User Committee usually interacts on e-mail to discuss any pending topics, and holds IRC meetings regularly. Prior to each summit we spend a few hours to go through the user survey results and analyze the data.\
You can nominate yourself or someone else by sending an email to the [email protected] mailing-list, with the subject: “UC candidacy” from July 31 – August 11, 05:59 UTC. Voting for the User Committee (UC) members will be open on August 14 and will remain open until August 18, 11:59 UTC. Additional details and the process for nomination can be found here.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
- Demystifying Confidential Containers with a Live Kata Containers Demo - July 13, 2023
- OpenInfra Summit Vancouver Recap: 50 things You Need to Know - June 16, 2023
- Congratulations to the 2023 Superuser Awards Winner: Bloomberg - June 13, 2023