The weekly newsletter originally appeared on the OpenStack Blog and is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
OpenStack Turns 4 — It’s Time to Celebrate the Community!
OpenStack celebrates its 4th birthday July 19, and we’re celebrating with the entire OpenStack community during July! User maturity, software maturity and a focus on cloud software operations are rapidly emerging for OpenStack and none of it would be possible without the quickly growing OpenStack community. There are now more than 70 global user groups and 17,000 community members across 139 countries, spanning more than 370 organizations. This calls for a big toast to the OpenStack community members and our users.
This week the TC held a special meeting entirely focused on clarifying some points around DefCore and providing some responses to the questions DefCore posed to the TC. A must-read.
The Call for Speakers is OPEN for the November OpenStack Summit in Paris! Submit your talks here: submit your talks now. Don’t wait! The Call for Speakers will close on July 28 at 11:59pm CDT.
The OpenStack Ops Mid-Cycle Meetup provides a chance to continue conversations and dive into working groups initiated at the first Ops Meetup in March 2014, and followed by the Ops Meetup tracks during the Atlanta Summit in May 2014. It is intended to be a forum for people who are currently running OpenStack clouds to congregate, swap best practices, share ideas and give feedback. The format will primarily consist of round table / working groups / discussion sessions, with only a small number of presentations. The event has the following goals:
- Gather feedback on the issues that come up in running OpenStack and work to communicate this throughout the community
- Create a forum in which to share best practices and architectures between interested parties
- Increase constructive, proactive involvement from those running clouds
- More details to come on the agenda, but you can see initial input and notes at: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/SAT-ops-meetup
The event is free to attend, but please RSVP by July 29th, so we can plan for food and space.
Thank you to Rackspace for hosting this event!!
Secutiry Advisories and Notices
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- Neutron doesn’t update floatingip with multiple L3 agent Icehouse
- How to use different interface for floating ip address and public interface?
- HPHelion baremetal installation without iLO interface
- Validating and Installing OS-KSEC2 admin extension
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Telemetry (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Data Processing (Sahara)
- Object Storage (Swift)
- Database As A Service (Trove)