The weekly newsletter originally appeared on the OpenStack Blog and is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
Brace yourself, DevStack Ceph is here!
It’s already a legend: after 7 months and 42(fortytwo) patch sets, Sebastien Han’s patch got merged into DevStack. The patch configures things to bootstrap a Ceph cluster and then configure the OpenStack services Glance, Cinder, Cinder backup and Nova. A toast to Sebastien’s persistence and to all Devstack maintainers who provided help.
Keystone team looking for feedback
The Keystone team is looking for feedback from the community on what type of Keystone Token is being used in your OpenStack deployments. This is to help us understand the use of the different providers and get information on the reasoning (if possible) that that token provider is being used. Please respond to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NZNDH3M
Third Party CI group meeting summary:
At this week’s meeting the Third-Party group continued to discuss a new testing terminology proposal and and a proposal for recheck syntax. There was also a summary review of the proposed initial draft for a sharing of best practices and a good discussion on using templates for configuration files. Anyone deploying a third-party test system or interested in easing third-party involvement is welcome to attend the meetings. Minutes of ThirdParty meetings are carefully logged.
The Road To Paris 2014
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short survey to provide input for the group.
- Session voting is open. Hurry, voting closes at 11:59pm CDT on August 6.
- Applications for Travel Support Program are open until August 18th
- Request an invitation letter for VISA
- Reserve hotel rooms
- DefCore Advances at the Core > My take on the OSCON’14 OpenStack Board Meeting
- Upcoming Industry Events & CFP Deadlines!
- Announce: gerrymander 1.3 – a client API and command line tool for gerrit
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- What does the “1” state mean in OpenStack’s web interface Horizon CSV Summary?
- Is API available to create and attach volume when creating server
- Is it possible to launch instance based on parameter passed to the heat template
- Openstack nova, cinder, neutron and swift default drivers are hardware agnostic?
- Congratulations to the 2022 Superuser Awards Winners: OVHcloud, Ant Group - June 7, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominee: Inspur - May 4, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominee: Ant Group - May 3, 2022