Spotlight On: The OpenInfra Summit Keynotes
The OpenInfra Summit keynote lineup is now live! On Tuesday (June 13) afternoon, Thierry Carrez, GM of the OpenInfra Foundation, will kick off the keynotes by talking about the ubiquitous usage of OpenInfra all around the world. This sets the literal stage for different segments (each with its own LIVE demo!) covering exciting topic areas, such as AI, LOKI and Confidential Computing:
- Moderated by Ildiko Vancsa from the OpenInfra Foundation, the LOKI segment will highlight the OpenInfra standard of running Linux, OpenStack & Kubernetes together. First, Paul Miller from Wind River – the Summit’s headline sponsor – will talk about StarlingX. This will be followed by a breakdown where Matt Booth from Red Hat, Guilherme Steinmüller from VEXXHOST and Kendall Nelson from the OpenInfra Foundation will illustrate how OpenStack and Kubernetes can be used together in a series of demos.
- The next segment around AI will be moderated by Mark Collier who will first be joined by longtime OpenStack Swift veteran John Dickinson to highlight how Swift is used at NVIDIA to manage large data sets for AI use cases. Nathan Harper and James Osbourne from Graphcore will follow to talk about their AI OpenInfra strategy coupling OpenStack and Terraform.
- The final segment, moderated by Jonathan Bryce of the OpenInfra Foundation, will highlight the evolving confidential containers use case. Beginning with a Kata Containers demo from Ant Group’s Xu Wang around Kata’s multi-arch capabilities for confidential containers, the segment will conclude with a special announcement from Microsoft.
The keynotes will conclude with the highly anticipated announcement of the 2023 Superuser Awards winner.
Ticket prices increase on May 5 at 11:59 PM PT
OpenInfra Foundation News
- Looking for more information on the 2023 OpenInfra Summit in Vancouver, June 13-15? Find information on:
- Is your organization building an OpenInfra strategy? Set up a time with Jimmy McArthur so the OpenInfra Foundation can support your business.
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- Congratulations to the newly elected Architecture Committee chairs for Spring of 2023 – Peng Tao, Feng Wang, Steve Horsman and Samuel Ortiz!
- For those planning to attend KVM forum in Brno, Czech Republic, be sure to check out Kata Containers – State of the Union delivered by beloved Kata Herder Fabiano Fidencio
- Microsoft loves Kata Containers, & we love them back! At KubeCon EU 2023, Microsoft announced that Kata Containers & Confidential Containers are being leveraged to achieve zero-trust operator deployments on AKS. Read more about the announcement on the Kata Containers blog.
- How are you using Kata Containers? Let us know what you’ve been doing with Kata Containers 3.0 by filling out the newly refreshed User Survey.
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- The Ironic project has outlined a new upstream collaboration opportunity around improving support for ARM64/AArch64 based systems. Please reach out to the team if you’re interested in assisting
- The Monasca, Vitrage and Winstackers projects are in search of new leadership and maintainers. Please contact the Technical Committee if you’d like to see one of these included in future releases and are available to help make that happen.
- A fond farewell to the TripleO deployment project: the team behind TripleO is moving on to other activities and no longer has time to continue supporting it. Since no volunteers have come forward, the project is ceasing further development and has been officially deprecated.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The StarlingX Spring Technical Steering Committee elections will kick off on May 9. If you are involved in the community and are interested in running for a seat, please check out the election website to learn more about the process.
- If you missed the StarlingX sessions at the PTG in March, head to the StarlingX blog to check out the recap of the community’s discussions.
- If you would like to learn how to deploy and use StarlingX, make sure you sign up for the hands-on workshop session at the OpenInfra Summit.
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- The Zuul and Nodepool container images have moved from Docker Hub to Quay.io. If you deploy using the official Zuul images you will need to update the location you pull these images from. Learn more about this change in the mailing list announcement.
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
Meet the Newest Members
A huge welcome goes out to our newest OpenInfra Members.
If your organization is a Member of the OpenInfra Foundation or a Sponsor of the OpenInfra Summit and you’re hiring, please email [email protected] to let us know. We will highlight your organization’s available positions to be more visible to qualified candidates on-site.
The OpenInfra Summit Marketplace
The OpenInfra Summit will feature three days of opportunities to meet and collaborate with the organizations supporting the success of the event. Come meet the organizations active in the ecosystem to hear about their products, check out who is hiring and of course get some swag during the OpenInfra Summit, June 13-15!
Does your organization want to be included in the OpenInfra Summit Marketplace? Talk to Jimmy to discuss collaboration opportunities and Marketplace listing!
Meet the Organizations Sponsoring the OpenInfra Summit
A huge thank you goes out to the sponsors for the upcoming OpenInfra Summit, June 13-15, 2023. Learn more about how your organization can support the OpenInfra Summit.
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected].
Questions / Feedback / Contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected]. To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: October 2023 PTG Recap - November 15, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: OpenInfra Event Strategy Update - October 11, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Next Virtual PTG is Happening in October! - September 6, 2023