Spotlight On: Share your Open Source Expertise at the 2023 Summit!
The CFP for this year’s OpenInfra Summit includes presentations, panels and hands-on workshops covering over 30 open source projects. Expect to hear about the intersection of many open source infrastructure projects, including Ceph, Kubernetes, Magma, ONAP, OPNFV and the projects hosted by the OpenInfra Foundation: Airship, Kata Containers, OpenInfra Labs, OpenStack, StarlingX and Zuul.
The CFP closes January 10, 2023, at 11:59 p.m PT
We are also now accepting submissions for Forum sessions! For the Forum, submit discussion-oriented sessions (not presentations), including challenges around different software components, working group progress or best practices to tackle common issues.
OpenInfra Foundation news
- Looking for more information on the 2023 OpenInfra Summit? Find information on registration, sponsorship, travel support, discounted tickets, visa requests, and onsite safety all at openinfra.dev/summit!
- Is your organization building an OpenInfra strategy? Set up a time with Jimmy McArthur so the OpenInfra Foundation can support your business.
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- How time flies when you’re having fun! Kata Containers will reach its 5-year milestone on December 5, 2022. How are you planning to commemorate the occasion? Send us an email or reach out on Slack to share photos, stories or anything else you’d like to share with the community.
- Elections have been completed! Congratulations to Eric Ernst & Fabiano Fidencio for being re-elected as Architecture Committee chairs, & welcome to newly elected AC chair Gerry Liu.
- Are you using Kata Containers in production? Are you still on the fence? Want to contribute to the project, but don’t know where to start? Well, we want to hear from you about it. Share your thoughts with us by taking this brief User Survey to provide the community with vital feedback.
- Discussion is underway regarding the future and expectations for the StoryBoard service. If you have feedback, please join the conversation on the service-discuss mailing list.
- There’s work in progress to significantly update the software used to host mailing lists; see the initial announcement for details.
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- Want to be listed on the OpenStack Marketplace or update your interop test results to ensure you’re on the latest release? Contact [email protected] to help get you started!
- The Technical Committee meeting time and day of the week has changed. Meetings now take place on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC and of course, are open to the community.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The recent StarlingX Project and Technical Lead as well as Technical Steering Committee elections have just concluded. Congratulations to the new and re-elected PLs, TLs and TSC members! Check out the governance documentation for the latest information about the StarlingX project teams and the current TSC.
- If you’re evaluating or using StarlingX, please take a few minutes to fill out the new User Survey and provide feedback to the community!
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Administrators of Zuul deployments are encouraged to review the advisory about a potential log upload credential exposure in zuul-jobs.
- Check out James Blair’s presentation on Simultaneous Dependencies with Gerrit and Zuul.
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
Check out the latest job openings from our members!
- Senior OpenStack Engineer, Mirantis – Paris, FR
- Quality & Resilience Manager, Cleura – Remote
- People and Process Manager, Cleura – Remote
- Customer Solutions Architect, Cleura – Remote
OpenInfra Members in the news!
Check out the latest news from our members
- Mirantis muscle la sécurité et la gestion du stockage d’OpenStack
- The 2022 year-end Meetup from the Thailand OpenInfra User Group organized by Nipa Cloud
- Digital Business Needs More Modern Infrastructure from Fungible
- What Are The Projects That Make Up OpenStack? from OpenMetal
- Kubernetes, RDMA and OpenStack with StackHPC
- Indiana University wins $300K NSF award to build an open-source ecosystem around heavily used cloud tool
- OpenInfra, Cloud Native, Magma & Hyperledger Days India 2022 hosted at the University of Dehli
The OpenStack Marketplace!
A few services from our members you can find in the Infra Solutions & Consulting section of the Marketplace include:
- 99cloud Consulting
- NEC Cloud System
- OpenStack Consulting and Integration
- Red Hat Consulting
- Cleura Professional Services
- Canonical’s Private Cloud Build
- Mirantis Consulting
- VEXXHOST Consulting for OpenStack
Does your organization want to be included in the Marketplace? Talk to Jimmy on how to get listed!
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected].
Questions / feedback / contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected]. To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Next Virtual PTG is Happening in October! - September 6, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: It’s OpenInfra User Survey Season! - August 9, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: OpenInfra Summit Vancouver Recap! - July 17, 2023