At the recent Open Infrastructure Summit in Denver, Whitestack announced the results of the initiative called “Open Multivendor NFV Showcase,” an effort to demonstrate that network function virtualization-orchestrated network services, integrating VNF from multiple vendors, on top of commoditized hardware, is possible.
For this first edition, Whitestack invited a number of vendors and projects that provide a complete end-to-end service chain, covering critical parts of a typical mobile network. Specifically, the following VNF vendors were integrated to provide a fully-functional and automated network service:
- Fortinet: Next Generation FW.
- Open Air Interface: LTE EPC core.
- Mobileum: Diameter Routing Agent and Network Traffic Redirection.
- ng4T: vTester supporting Cloud-RAN, vHSS and other functions.
- Reimagining a Telco Using Open Technologies - February 16, 2022
- Takeaways from the first open multi-vendor NFV showcase - May 22, 2019
- 5G projects building strong use cases for Open Source MANO NFV - February 25, 2019