At the recent Open Infrastructure Summit in Denver, Whitestack announced the results of the initiative called “Open Multivendor NFV Showcase,” an effort to demonstrate that network function virtualization-orchestrated network services, integrating VNF from multiple vendors, on top of commoditized hardware, is possible.
This effort, organized by Whitestack, has the support of relevant institutions in the NFV field, in particular: Intel, the OpenStack Foundation, Open Source MANO and the ETSI NFV Plugtests Programme.
For this first edition, Whitestack invited a number of vendors and projects that provide a complete end-to-end service chain, covering critical parts of a typical mobile network. Specifically, the following VNF vendors were integrated to provide a fully-functional and automated network service:
- Fortinet: Next Generation FW.
- Open Air Interface: LTE EPC core.
- Mobileum: Diameter Routing Agent and Network Traffic Redirection.
- ng4T: vTester supporting Cloud-RAN, vHSS and other functions.
See the complete session, including a live demo here or below and download the complete report by clicking here.
- Reimagining a Telco Using Open Technologies - February 16, 2022
- Takeaways from the first open multi-vendor NFV showcase - May 22, 2019
- 5G projects building strong use cases for Open Source MANO NFV - February 25, 2019