This weekly newsletter originally appeared on the OpenStack Blog and is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
How is your OpenStack team organized?
Stefano Maffulli has been collecting a lot of good insights talking to directors and managers about how their companies are organized to contribute to OpenStack. For geographic reasons he has mostly gathered comments from people between San Francisco and Silicon Valley and he’d like to expand the research. Fill in this brief survey.
Journey of IPv6 in OpenStack
With the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses, IPv6 is no longer a choice but is now a necessity, even more so in case of a cloud environment. Sridhar Gaddamat shares his notes on how IPv6 support has evolved in OpenStack with references at appropriate places to where you will be able to find more information.
Deploying Humanitarian Applications On OpenStack At Grace Hopper Open Source Day
This year, Iccha Sethi, Egle Sigler and Dana Bauer, along with other Rackers and OpenStackers, will lead a workshop for developers on how to deploy humanitarian applications on OpenStack during the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
Reports from Previous Events
- Recording & Slides: Turning OpenStack Swift into a VM storage platform
- Deploying OpenStack and Trove (DBaaS) at eBay
- BootstrappingHour: Mock Best Practices
The Road To Paris 2014 – Deadlines and Resources
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short survey to provide input for the group.
- Request an invitation letter for VISA
- Reserve hotel rooms
- Call for Proposals: Open Source Ecosystem Design Sessions at the Paris Summit
- Upstream Training in Paris: details and signup form
- Student & Government/Nonprofit Employee Application for Discounted Registration
- The official Schedule for the Paris Summit is now available
- OpenStack as Layers but also a Big Tents but also a bunch of Cats and its follow ups via email and what-poles-for-the-tent
- An Open Letter to the OpenStack Foundation
- PTLs and Project Success in OpenStack
- Some ideas for micro-version implementation
- API standards working group (was: Some ideas for micro-version implementation)
Security Advisories and Notices
- TLS cert verification option not honoured in paste configs (CVE-2014-7144)
- [OSSN 0029] Neutron FWaaS rules lack port restrictions when using protocol ‘any’
- [OSSN 0027] Neutron ARP cache poisoning vulnerability
- [OSSN 0024] Sensitive data is exposed in log statements by python-keystoneclient
- [OSSN 0030] Bash ‘shellshock’ bug can lead to code injection vulnerability
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- How to pass environment file|json via HEAT rest API
- Should not “Recover from a UID/GID mismatch” adjust the kvm group and not the libvirtd group?
- OpenStack Juno using RDO fails installation: AMQP server closed the connection
- Is it correct supporting only a subset of core OpenStack APIs in an OpenStack implementation?
- How to setup neutron flat network
- Is there a utility to clean up orphaned resources?
- TripleO: Error in baremetal installation (permission denied)
- Demystifying Confidential Containers with a Live Kata Containers Demo - July 13, 2023
- OpenInfra Summit Vancouver Recap: 50 things You Need to Know - June 16, 2023
- Congratulations to the 2023 Superuser Awards Winner: Bloomberg - June 13, 2023