Spotlight On: PTG
The OpenInfra virtual Project Teams Gathering (PTG) is coming up October 23-27, 2023!
The PTG provides meeting facilities allowing our OpenInfra community teams – including various technical teams, special interest groups, and working groups- that are working on open infrastructure projects to meet, exchange ideas and get work done in a productive, low-key setting. Check out the list of participating teams and register for free!
OpenInfra Foundation News
- Come visit the Kata Containers booth at Kubecon North America, November 6-9.
- See presentations by Mark Collier, Kendall Nelson and Ildiko Vancsa at All Things Open, October 15-17.
- Horace Li, Head of OpenInfra Asia, will be giving the keynote address at Cloud Operator Days Tokyo as well as OpenInfra Days Vietnam.
- Watch the most recent episode of OpenInfra Live where Thierry Carrez leads an expert panel discussing the Cyber Resilience Act and its potential effect on the future of open source.
- OpenInfra Days Triangle recordings are now live!
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- Good news, everyone – Kata Containers 3.2.0-RC0 is now available.
- Kata Containers is on the schedule for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon + Open Source Summit Shanghai! Architecture Committee chair Peng Tao will be among several Kata herders presenting. You won’t want to miss it!
- Upcoming Kata-related events you want help promoting? Contact [email protected]
- The Kata community meets up every Tuesday at 1500 UTC via Zoom, & we would love to see you there! Login info can be found on the Kata Containers AC agenda. Be there or be somewhere else!
- How are you using Kata Containers? Let us know what you’ve been doing with Kata Containers 3.0 by filling out the newly refreshed User Survey.
OpenDev Collaboratory: Free Software Needs Free Tools
- Clark Boylan has been reelected for another six-month term as OpenDev Service Coordinator.
- OpenDev has configured all Zuul tenants to use Ansible 8 by default. Learn more about the rollout in our announcement.
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- Nominations for the Project Team Lead and Technical Committee elections have closed. Polling will begin September 6 at 23:45 UTC and close September 20 at 23:45 UTC. Runoffs will take place for the Technical Committee and for OpenStack-Helm. If you are a registered voter, keep an eye out for your ballot!
- We are a little over a month out from the 2023.2 (Bobcat) release date! This means various freezes are now underway (requirements, features, strings). In preparation for the final release, we are beginning to collect cycle highlights as well.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The StarlingX community is now on Matrix! You can find a ‘general’ room along with project team rooms to discuss any topic that is relevant to the StarlingX platform and community. Come chat with us!
- The StarlingX Community is moving towards the testing phase of the 9.0 release cycle. As always, you can get involved and participate in running sanity and regression test suites and further increase test code coverage. Check out the test repo and the Test team meetings for more details.
- If you’re evaluating or using StarlingX, please take a few minutes to fill out the User Survey and provide feedback to the community!
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Zuul 9.0.0 and 9.1.0 have been released. These releases bring support for Ansible 8 as the Zuul job runtime. Additionally, Python 3.11 is now the only version of Python Zuul is tested with. More details on the changes in these releases can be found in the release notes.
- Nodepool 9.0.0 has been released. Improvements have been made to the AWS, OpenStack and Kubernetes drivers. Python 3.11 is now the only version of Python with which Nodepool is tested.. Nodepool now requires Zookeeper 3.6 or newer. More details can be found in the release notes.
- Next OpenInfra Live is happening September 7, 2023, at 14:00 UTC, featuring Volvo! In this episode, a panel of Zuul operators invites special guests to talk about their deployment and discuss their operations.
- Want to be a part of a Zuul panel for a future OpenInfra Live episode? Reach out to [email protected] for more information!
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
Meet the Newest Members
A huge welcome goes out to our newest OpenInfra Members.
- FPT Cloud
OpenInfra Members in the News
Check out the latest news from our members
- Cleura selected as a strategic cloud partner for Saab
- What a North Dakota State University Student Learned While Working On OpenStack
- North Dakota State University Students Share What They Learned Working On Kata Containers
Is your organization interested in collaboration with the OpenInfra Foundation, OpenInfra Asia or OpenInfra Europe? Talk to Jimmy to discuss Membership today!
Up Next on OpenInfra Live!
Join us for OpenInfra Live on Thursdays at 1400 UTC:
Have an idea for an episode of OpenInfra Live? Submit it to ideas.openinfra.live.
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected].
Questions / Feedback / Contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected]. To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Next Virtual PTG is Happening in October! - September 6, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: It’s OpenInfra User Survey Season! - August 9, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: OpenInfra Summit Vancouver Recap! - July 17, 2023