Spotlight On: The OpenInfra Summit Schedule is Live!
The annual OpenInfra Summit is your opportunity to collaborate directly with the people building and running open source infrastructure using Linux, OpenStack, Kubernetes and 30+ other technologies.
The schedule for the 2023 OpenInfra Summit features keynotes and sessions from users like Bloomberg, LINE, Alibaba Cloud, Samsung and Volvo. The event will be held June 13-15, 2023, at the Vancouver Convention Centre overlooking Vancouver Harbor. Other notable speakers include SAP, Ant Group, China Mobile, the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC), and Viettel, the largest public and private cloud infrastructure provider in Vietnam.
Be sure to save your seat before early bird sales end in one week!
CHECK OUT THE SCHEDULE
Prices increase on February 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT
OpenInfra Foundation news
- The Project Teams Gathering (PTG) will be taking place virtually Mar. 27-31, 2023, and again on-site at the OpenInfra Summit in Vancouver. The OpenInfra Summit will take place on June 13-15 and the PTG on June 14-15. By registering for the OpenInfra Summit, you automatically receive access to the Forum and PTG; no additional action is needed to attend those events.
- Tune in for our upcoming OpenInfra Live episode:
- Thursday, February 16: VGPU Management by OpenStack Nova and Cyborg
- Have an idea for a future episode of OpenInfra Live? Submit it to ideas.openinfra.live!
- Is your organization building an OpenInfra strategy? Set up a time with Jimmy McArthur so the OpenInfra Foundation can support your business.
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- ICYMI – Confidential Computing had their own room at FOSDEM. Visit the website to catch up on what you missed if you weren’t able to attend in person.
- The Spring edition of the Kata Containers Mentorship Program has already kicked off to a great start! If you would like to volunteer as a mentor or would like to welcome the newest Kata Herders to the community, join the #outreach channel on Slack.
- The nomination window for selecting OpenDev’s next Service Coordinator is now open. Anyone that would like to serve in this capacity has until February 14, 2023, to send their nomination to the OpenDev service-discuss mailing list.
- Collaborate with the OpenInfra Labs community at the conference where it all started: Boston University is hosting the MOC Alliance Workshop 2023 on March 20-21. Enjoy presentations on the latest cloud technology research and participate in discussions about open source efforts from Mass Open Cloud Alliance organizations. See you there!
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- Another round of OpenStack Technical Elections has begun! Nominations are open for Technical Committee seats and Project Team Leads until February 15 at 23:45 UTC! If you are interested in running for one of these positions, make sure to get your nominations proposed to the elections repo by then. The voting period will begin on February 22 at 23:45 UTC
- February 6-10 marks the final release for non-client libraries for Antelope (2023.1) as we begin approaching milestone 3 (February 16, 2023) and all the other freezes that come that week – requirements, features, etc.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The StarlingX community is at the finish line of finalizing and releasing the 8.0 version of the platform. The contributors are currently working towards fixing critical bugs and creating a stable branch before performing the last round of testing. Stay tuned for further updates and the release coming out in a few weeks!
- If you’re evaluating or using StarlingX, please take a few minutes to fill out the User Survey and provide feedback to the community!
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Zuul 8.1.0 has been released. This release fixes a security issue created by non-live items not having their pipeline requirements checked when enqueuing to an independent pipeline. As a bonus, anyone deploying using the Zuul-published Docker images will get a Git installation patched against CVE-2022-23521. More information can be found in the release announcement.
- Nodepool 8.1.0 has been released. This release makes OpenStack flavor handling deterministic. As with Zuul, anyone deploying using the Zuul-published Docker images will get a Git installation patched against CVE-2022-23521. More information can be found in the release announcement.
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
The OpenInfra Foundation wishes a warm welcome to its newest OpenInfra Members:
- Gold Members
- Silver Members
- Associate Members
OpenInfra Members in the News!
Check out the latest news from our members
- Check out this project leveraging Red Hat‘s OpenStack Platform, “Virtualizing Network Functions – How Intelsat and Kratos are Leading the Charge and Moving the Satellite Industry Forward“
- OpenMetal is celebrating its one-year brand anniversary in February! It’s been an exciting year for their team from on-boarding new customers to expanding their data center footprint to Europe. OpenMetal wants to thank the OpenInfra community with these special offers on their On-Demand OpenStack Clouds.
- Sardina Systems co-sponsored the OpenInfra Meetup at FOSDEM!
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected]
Questions / Feedback / Contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected]. To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Latest OpenInfra Software Releases - March 22, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The OpenInfra Summit Schedule is Live! - February 8, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Latest from the OpenInfra Foundation - January 25, 2023