Spotlight On: The OpenInfra Summit Vancouver
Registration and sponsorships for the OpenInfra Summit Vancouver are now open! This is your chance to collaborate directly with the people building and running open source infrastructure using Linux, OpenStack, Kubernetes and 30+ other open source technologies.
Interested in sponsoring? Learn how you can help support the open source users, IT decision makers and passionate developers, administrators and operators building the modern open infrastructure stack.
Stay tuned for the Call for Presentations opening in November!
OpenInfra Foundation news
- The virtual OpenInfra PTG is coming up soon, October 17-21! Check out the participating projects and register now—it’s free!
- Join the global OpenInfra community for these upcoming episodes of OpenInfra Live:
- Is your organization building an OpenInfra strategy? Set up time with Jimmy McArthur so the OpenInfra Foundation can support your business.
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- Want to try out Kata Containers 3.0 early? Kata Containers 3.0.0-alpha1 is available on GitHub – try it out & send us your feedback!
- Let’s get together! If you’re planning to attend KubeCon irl & would like to meet up with other Kata Herders, please complete this survey to help us plan the best event for everyone.
- We’re experimenting with the idea of holding an APAC-friendly Architecture Committee meeting once per month, but we need your help! Please complete the survey linked here to help us select the best time
- Many thanks to Clark Boylan for agreeing to continue as the OpenDev Service Coordinator for another six-month term!
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- TC and PTL elections start later today (2022-09-07 at 23:45 UTC). If you’re a qualifying contributor to one or more official OpenStack project teams or SIGs, be on the lookout for your ballot(s).
- The Zed development cycle is now well into its release freeze, with first release candidate versions expected next week and the final coordinated release due on October 5.
- The OpenStack community participated in an informal teleconference discussion with members of the OpenInfra board of directors on October 8. The primary topic of discussion was around increasing operator and user collaboration in the software design process. Further discussion of this and related subjects will continue next month at the PTG, and another similar call is already scheduled to occur on 2022-11-16 at 20:00 UTC for anyone interested in participating.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The StarlingX 7.0 release is around the corner now! Check out the project’s wiki for more information about the upcoming version!
- The community started to alternate the TSC & Community meeting to better accommodate the global community. The meeting is moved to 7pm PDT on every first Wednesday of the month, with the first call being held in the new time slot on the 7th of September.
- The fall election season is approaching, the community is currently working on the timeline to (re)elect TSC members and Project and Technical Leads. If you are interested in running for a position, make sure that you get your contributor status before the nomination period starts!
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Zuul 6.3.0 has been released. A new pipeline reporter for Zuul configuration errors has been added. Other improvements include reducing the number of Gerrit queries needed by the Gerrit driver and fixes to the web UI.
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
Check out the latest job openings from our members!
- Junior Customer Implementation Engineer, Cleura – Remote
- Storage Engineer, Cleura – Remote
- Senior Web Developer, Cleura – Remote
- Senior OpenStack DevOps Engineer Remote, Mirantis – Multiple Locations
- Gérante des Partenariats Outreach and Partnerships Manager, VEXXHOST, Inc. – Remote
OpenInfra Members in the news!
Check out the latest news from our members
- Microsoft launches Arm-based Azure VMs powered by Ampere chips
- Equinix and Orange Partner to Accelerate Cloud-Native Telco Deployments
- The New Cloud War with Martin Casado
- Sovereign Cloud Stack now has a YouTube channel
- Virtuozzo joins the OpenStack Marketplace, and Sharktech does too. Shouldn’t you?
The OpenStack Marketplace!
Are you looking for OpenStack trainings? Check out the Training section of the Marketplace with services from our members, that include:
Does your organization want to be included in the Marketplace? Talk to Jimmy on how to get listed!
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected]
Questions / feedback / contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected] . To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: October 2023 PTG Recap - November 15, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: OpenInfra Event Strategy Update - October 11, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Next Virtual PTG is Happening in October! - September 6, 2023