Join the Community for PTG
The October Project Teams Gathering (PTG) is now 100% virtual! The weeklong event of contributor collaboration will still take place October 17-21 with meeting availability in time blocks throughout the day.
Team signup is open and will close August 26. We already have over 20 teams signed up to participate, so make sure you sign up before the deadline!
Registration is open and free to participate! Register now so you can continue to receive updates about the upcoming event.
OpenInfra Foundation news
- Join us on August 25th for the next episode of OpenInfra Live, “Making VDI a first-class citizen in the OpenStack world”.
- If you have an idea for an upcoming episode of OpenInfra Live, let us know! We are actively looking for casting agents to help program the series.
- Is your organization building an OpenInfra strategy? Set up time with Jimmy McArthur so the OpenInfra Foundation can support your business.
- The October Project Teams Gathering (PTG) is now 100% virtual! Registration is open for the PTG, October 17-21, and free to participate!
- Registration and sponsorships for the OpenInfra Summit Vancouver 2023 go live next month, so stay tuned for an announcement.
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- Kata 3.0 is coming! The projected release date is October 10th, 2022, and the Alpha release will be available August 15th
- CloudYuga is looking for more content creators! Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you would like to create Kata Containers learning content
- Service coordinator nominations for the next 6 month term are now underway, determining who will harmonize the collaboratory’s activities through the end of this year and into early 2023.
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- If you’re operating an OpenStack cloud, please complete the OpenStack User Survey by August 31!
- The current release is well underway. We’re coming up on the shared libraries release window and milestone 3 is just around the corner- August 29th! Once we are past that, most OpenStack services will have their feature and requirement freezes, and we will also be collecting release highlights for Zed.
- It has been decided! The upcoming software release, post Zed which is under development now, will be Antelope! The release schedule is being settled for that cycle, so if you have any input or questions, feel free to share on the open review.
- The OpenStack Technical committee has noted its first ‘Emerging Technology’ project- Skyline. This new notation has been created to allow new projects to join the OpenStack family while recognizing there may still be work required to bring it fully in line with other projects and for it to be run in production. While Skyline joined OpenStack last release, this new definition will help support up and coming projects while giving users the information they need about the status of a new project.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The StarlingX 7.0 release is around the corner now! Check out the project’s wiki for more information about the upcoming version!
- The community is looking into options to alternate the time slots for the TSC & Community meeting to better accommodate the global community. Stay tuned for updates on the new time slots and cadence!
- If you are running or evaluating StarlingX please fill out a short survey and help the community better understand how the platform is used.
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Zuul 6.2.0 now includes a buildset URL in its review comments, adds an always-dynamic-branches option to limit loading of configuration from some project branches, has new cross-tenant semaphores for global resource coordination, improvements to rolling service restart speed, more flexible mixing of SSH and HTTP connections in the Gerrit driver, better distribution of jitter across timer-triggered builds, and pre-merge detection of missing job dependencies.
- Nodepool 6.2.0 brings an image-status view showing which images are paused or active, statistics tracking for image build requests, and improved quota handling for the AWS, Azure and IBMVPC drivers.
- The recently approved Tracing specification describes upcoming introduction of OpenTelemetry support to Zuul’s service fleet, offering administrators a clearer picture of the timing and relationship between the various events which go into queue handling and scheduling of workloads system-wide.
- The author for a Gitea source connection driver, currently under development, is seeking feedback and preliminary testing from other interested users.
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
Check out the latest job openings from our members!
- Cloud Operations Engineer, Cleura
- Database Infrastructure Engineer, Cleura
- Datacenter Network Engineer, Cleura
- Social Media Marketing Specialist, VEXXHOST
- Senior OpenStack DevOps Engineer Remote, Mirantis
The OpenInfra Foundation wishes a warm welcome to its newest OpenInfra Silver member
Get OpenStack Training!
A few service from our members you can find in the Public Cloud section of the Marketplace include:
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected]
Questions / feedback / contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected] . To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: October 2023 PTG Recap - November 15, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: OpenInfra Event Strategy Update - October 11, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Next Virtual PTG is Happening in October! - September 6, 2023