In this panel, experts from Enter, CloudOps, Scalr, ScaleVP and Redapt discuss the process to which they drove cloud adoption at their respective companies, or helped their customers to do so.
As an organization adopts cloud, the traditional relationship between IT and developers is disrupted: IT loosens its control of infrastructure delivery, and developers are now in charge of provisioning, managing, and decommissioning resources.
But how does the organization evolve to make it acceptable for IT to relinquish one of its key responsibilities? IT and developers must rethink how they work together. In fact, they must transition from a relationship that’s built on control and oversight, to one that’s built on trust and accountability.
The team of panelists hones in on the following questions during this session:
- Why is DevOps, the sometimes uncomfortable union of IT and Devs, critical to success with cloud?
- What are the social challenges an organization should expect to face when adopting a DevOps culture? When adopting cloud?
- What about IT’s other responsibilities, such as security and cost control? Does IT carry on with its mission, or does it alter it? How?
To learn more, check out the video above.
- Demystifying Confidential Containers with a Live Kata Containers Demo - July 13, 2023
- OpenInfra Summit Vancouver Recap: 50 things You Need to Know - June 16, 2023
- Congratulations to the 2023 Superuser Awards Winner: Bloomberg - June 13, 2023